Get Active mode in DC++
- Do you have passive mode and aren't able to be in active mode in DC++ ?
- Do you know why you should be Active ?
- Do you know how to make it work to be active ?
- When you are passive mode you are not able to download from another user who is passive too.
- When in active mode you get MORE hits on your searches and more sources to download from.
- Sometimes passive users get disconnected when searching, because passive search use more resources from hub.
How do I change/configure to Active mode ?
In DC++ you do as following:
- Click Here to see your IP
- Enter Settings. (see picture 1)
- Chose Connectionsettings.
- You have 3 alternatives (Active, Passive and Socks5), choose Active.
- Type in your IP-address, you can find it here above (see picture 2 box is marked red)
- Click OK.
Now you are in Active mode. Test with a search to see if it works.
- Click Start
- Choose Networkconnections in the Control Panel
- Rightclick on Connection to local network and choose Properties.
- Click on Advanced and uncheck the firewall.
- Click OK
You have Windows XP and it won't work?. Probably you have the internal firewall activated.